Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was a great day! We went to church in the morning and then had some time to just relax at home before heading out to Birch Bay to have dinner with my mom's family.

The kids each had their own little gifts for me. Brenna made me a poster at Art Club and then later bought me a frappuccino at Starbucks before we headed out to Birch Bay. Alyssa had made me a card and picture frame in her Art Class. Ethan MADE me a bouquet of flowers in Sunday School that morning. They are still in a glass sitting in the window above my kitchen sink. I love that these flowers won't die and I can look at them forever!

It was great getting hand made gifts from each of the kids this year. I will cherish them forever!

After some down time, we loaded up and headed to one of my favorite places to shop...RITE AID... for some amazing savings and then to Starbucks and Safeway (needed french bread and a garlic spread). Then it was off to Birch Bay, to my aunt and uncle's. Thankfully, it was nice enough to be outside. Uncle Dick and Aunt Mar have a beautiful from their home!
The kids had a blast playing on the big anchor. They spent a good hour climbing on and off of it with the other kiddos there.

I'm not sure who started the rolling down the hill but it was tons of fun for them. Paige even decided to get in on the action. I'm not sure what her mommy thought about the grass stains but hey, who cares about grass stains when they are having!
There were even a couple of trips made down to the water. Uncle Dick and Aunt Mar have this amazing pathway down to the beach. The kids love to go down and throw rocks into the water and look for sea creatures.
We stayed out at the bay longer than we had planned and the kids were tired when we got home but we all had a great time and enjoyed some amazing food!

And even though the job of a mom can be tough some days, I am so thankful that I get to be mom to these three amazing kids EVERY DAY!

No comments: