Saturday, April 25, 2009
We left Bellingham and headed for the crazy town of Lynden. I say crazy because everyone is out and about in this town. There are so many things going on here...garage sales (lots and lots of them), Dave's Sporting Goods is having a Gun Show event, and then there are those who were out doing what we were doing...plant shopping. We stopped at VanderGiessen's Nursery to get the final pieces of what we were needing and then headed over to True Value and Ace Hardware to scope out what they had. Ace was actually filling people's planters for them.
When I returned home, I found that Jason had put together the new barbecue. I got to making a grocery list because of course we will be using the new bbq tonight! Alyssa and I headed back out to get the propane tank filled (we would never want that to run out in the midst of grilling) and then off to Safeway for some groceries. We had become Mother Hubbard around here so it was a much needed trip. We got some very fun things for dinner tonight and we are very excited about the possibility of eating outside. (Please sun...stay out!) I realize that it is not the warmest day out but we can all put on a sweatshirt and enjoy the outdoors!
I have so many plants to get planted but I'm trying to get the inside of the house under control right now. Jason has gotten quite a bit accomplished outside but knows to leave the flower beds to me. I know just where I want things and I enjoy doing it. I'm hoping for some nice weather this next week so that I can get everything accomplished. We have only this next week to get the things on our list accomplished to meet our goal for the For Sale sign to in the yard. (More on that later.)
I better get back to getting things done around here. I have the steaks marinating and need to get veggies ready next. I have a few loads of laundry that are calling my name too...laundry, does it ever end? Hope you are all having a fabulous Saturday!
Friday, April 24, 2009
These flames got pretty high.
2) My amazing, GODLY husband, Jason, who loves me unconditionally. He is the man God chose for me and I love him very much!
3) Brenna, my oldest daughter, she loves Jesus and is becoming a beautiful young lady. I love how she is beginning to enjoy doing some of the same things that I enjoy.
4) Alyssa, my youngest daughter, she loves Jesus and will always be my snuggle bug! She will never turn down snuggle time. She loves to give.
5) Ethan...he will always be my baby boy! He brings such life to our home and completes our family.
6) My mom...the woman who raised my and is always there for any of us and willing to help.
7) My dad...though I only had him for fourteen years of my life, he taught me a lot during that time.
8) My wonderful sister who is always up for a good walk and has given me a beautiful niece! She is my life long friend.
9) My dear brother who reminds me so much of my dad, always willing to help...my personal electrician.
10) My amazing sister-in-law. She has the best name ever and will never turn down a coffee time. She is always willing to just sit and listen when I need to just talk.
11) My nieces and nephews that I have the privilege of caring for, loving on, spoiling.
12) Amazing friends...always there to listen, up for a pop or coffee, always around to help.
13) Our wonderful church family.
14) Three of the greatest pastors ever filled with Christ and always ready to share the word of God. I love that they preach directly from the Bible.
15) Our Christ Group...we have all become so close and have gotten to know each other so well. We have kind of formed our own little family.
16) Our home, which is truly been from God.
17) Our income, as tough as things get, our God always provides and there are so many people out there losing their jobs.
18) The plans that God has for our family...even though we do not know all of the details, we rest in Him that all things will work out according to His will and not ours.
19) Our great neighbors...the kids always have someone to play with and they all get along so well.
20) The sunshine...it's amazing how much better the days go when the sun is out.
21) Coffee...I struggle getting through my days without it.
22) Spring...I love the beautiful colors it brings and the signs of new life.
23) Food to feed my family...there are so many hungry people in our world and it saddens me to think about all the hungry babies out there.
24) Healthy children...every day I seem to hear about yet another child with a life threatening illness.
25) Nap times! It brings peace to our home every day and a chance for me to take a break and catch my breath and get ready for round two :)
26) Quiet evenings...great times to just be together as a family and not worry about anything else going on around us.
27) Label makers...the really help make organization a little easier. I love to label things!
28) Spontaneity...it makes life fun and adventurous.
29) Listening to my husband play the piano...he is so talented and amazes me every time he sits down to play. I just stop what I'm doing to listen.
30) Blogging world...this is such a great way to stay in touch with people I don't get to talk to very often and share with them what's going on with our family.
31) Scrapbooking...traditional and digital...it is a great way to remember the special events that have happened in the lives of our children and family. If you haven't started, get to it! I love every minute of it and my kids love to go through their photo albums.
32) I can send my girls to school each day and know that they are going to have a great day because of the amazing teachers that we have this year. Having teachers that pray for your children specifically is absolutely amazing and very rare.
33) Ice cream...it's a staple in our house and is a comfort food for me. I love that Jason and I can sit down together at night with the carton and one spoon and share some ice cream together. I look forward to this time!
34) Random acts of kindness...whether it's me surprising someone by giving or doing something for them or someone surprising us by doing/giving something...it just makes everyone feel good about life.
35) I get the have dinner with my husband tonight, out, away from home, child-free! I love date nights!
**I realize that some of these may be silly but it was fun to do...thanks for reading!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
This is the flower bed along the sidewalk leading to the front door. I love how the climbing hydrangea is so bright and green. I also noticed that there are a lot more buds on it this year. We have only had one or two little spots that flower...this year there looks to be more...yeah!!!
This is my flowering fountain that I plant every year. The pots themselves are beginning to look tattered but it gives them character. I usually put a geranium in the top pot but last year I put the gerber daisy and loved it so much that I repeated that look this year.
Our class started out on a wagon ride and had a list of things to find throughout the fairgrounds. The kids had a lot of fun looking for all of the different items. Those involved with putting on this event do a great job and were very creative with where they "hid" these items.
Here's Alyssa with her very best friend, and cousin, Kylie.
The kids had 6 different stations that they participated in and 3 of these stations were just sitting and listening to people talk. Our class ended up having these three "talking" stations back-to-back. They did amazing! They were all so well-behaved and great listeners.
At the last station, the kids got to "milk" a "cow" after learning about the milking machines and how they work. Of course, this was the highlight of the day! They were having fun trying to race against the person on the other side.
I was so thankful for the amazing weather that we had today. I was also very thankful that my mom was able to have Ethan so that I could attend this event with Alyssa. I love doing field trips with the kids.
Next field trip, Padillo Bay on May 8th with Brenna and all of the 4th grade classes. I'm really looking forward to this! It will be an all day event and some place that I have never been to. We will be praying for another day of good weather.
Monday, April 20, 2009
The next step is to re-seed and watch the lawn become beautiful again. I can't wait for the lilac bush to start blooming. I love the smell...I'm seeing lots of "buds"! More pictures to come later of how the yard is shaping up.
I LOVE SPRING!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
When we got home from church, we gave the kids their Easter baskets. It was fun to watch their expressions!
We are now off to the Silves Family lunch. I think the egg hunt will be indoors this year. The kids will be checking everyone's pockets and shoes.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Here are my friends Molly and Sally VanKooten. They were working on a wonderful gift for a family member. Sally's niece had triplets in October and they have been to visit a few times and are now working on putting together a book of their visits and will continue to add to it with each visit. This is a gift that they will be giving Heidi when she and triplets are here for Easter. What a great gift! Oh yeah, my dear sister-in-law is also in this picture looking at some of the pages that Molly and Sally had completed.