Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The silence...

Listen...do you hear that? What? You can't? That's because there is no noise! The t.v. is off, the stereo is off, the kiddos are all at school, Jason is at work, and me...I'm hear in the silence! I'm loving it! This is the first day since school, and Preschool (Ethan won't let us call it school), started that I have been home in the afternoon to enjoy this thing called SILENCE! This morning Ethan was home with the t.v. on and all of his animals out (so he was making animal noises) and I had my niece. I was busy caring for Paige, until she went down for her 2-1/2 hour nap, and freezing blueberries and beans.

I just got home a few minutes ago from taking Ethan to Preschool and Paige went to spend the afternoon with Grammy. I walked in and this feeling of calmness came over me. Don't get me wrong. There is plenty to do around here and I will be getting to that list of to-do's shortly. But for now, I am just enjoying the silence and the noise of the keyboard as my fingers are typing. This is the life! I love my kids and I love having them with me but this time to be alone and do the things that I need to do is great! I don't remember the last time that I was home, during the day, alone. Alone to do whatever it is that I need to do or even want to do. I can choose to do my chores that are waiting for me OR I can choose to just sit here on the computer...catching up on the outside world or digi-scrappin'.

What will it be like when Ethan is in school full days? Imagine all that I will be able to do...coffee with friends, get my chores finished without a child interrupting me, enjoy the quiet of the home before everyone gets home and the evening rush begins. Wow...things around here are really starting to change.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I know that now we look forward to that, but when it comes, we will probably miss the stage they are in now. I always remind myself not to rush through it, but to enjoy every minute of it. It goes too fast!

Tanya said...

You are right Ashley, we need to enjoy every minute we have with the kids! Don't get me wrong. I love spending time with the kids but today was nice, just to be able to get things done without anyone needing my attention.

Unknown said...

Wait a minute, back up.

The computer keys make noise when you type? Funny I've never noticed! :-) Must not be "silent" enough around here! I can't imagine the weirdness of being home without ANY of our kids. Too strange!

Thanks again for coming out to Etown tonight to do the board. It's WAY cute, thanks to your amazing Cricut-ing! Good to know we still have some traditional scrap skills going on.

Oh, and the new header on the blog is SUPER cute!

Janice said...

I agree - nothing like being alone in a clean house with a little time to myself - a rare thing for mommies! I know someday I will miss having someone here all the time - but for now, between working and all, I enjoy moments - like I'm having right now!

Molly Gustafson said...

Tanya, I need a new post from you! How are you, friend?