Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday shopping and I'm worn out!

So, I kind of broke my annual tradition this year. Normally, I head out at 4:30 am with my sisters and mom and we hit every doorbuster sale possible. This year, I just couldn't do it. My sister and I had decided that we were going to sleep in (if that's what you call 6:30) and not go so early to fight the crowds. Honestly, I didn't have a lot of shopping to do today. Why go and just get sucked into purchasing all the deals that the stores had to offer? It just didn't make sense. We went with the mind set that we were not going to rush around and wear ourselves out. We were going to take our time, enjoy our time out and if what we wanted was sitting on the shelf waiting for us...great! If it was on sale...even better!

I am happy to say that the things I was going for were still there waiting for me and still on sale when I got to them. Wait...there was one item that was gone. I wasn't able to get my $5 calendar/planner from the Family Christian Bookstore...they were sold out. That never happens. I have a feeling that they didn't get as many as they normally do. So now I'm on the hunt for a different calendar/planner...change...this ones going to be tough!.

Now, because we started later (8:00 am) meant we got home later (4:15). I think I was more tired this year than I was last year. I'm sure it didn't help that it took me forever to fall asleep last night and then when I did, I didn't sleep very well. :(

It does feel good to know that I am pretty much finished with our Christmas shopping. I have one or two little things to pick up and then I just need to finish up the kids' stockings. Basically one afternoon of shopping, and not even a full afternoon at that, and I will be finished!

So, how is your shopping coming? Did any of you brave the crowds this morning?

(I think my sis-in-law...she hates being called that...was one of those early birds this morning. I'm still waiting to hear about her finds.)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Ava and I were out the door at 5:30this morning, hit Target, Old Navy and Kohl's, and were done by 9 am! The lines were long, but we did pretty well. I think you're smart to wait until later...it's crazy how many people are out that early!

Unknown said...

I ain't no in-law, I'm an outlaw!!!! I was out the door by 5:30 and home by 8:30!

Tanya said...

Tanya...you will never be an outlaw...you are IN!! You were a mighty quick shopper this morning.

Kristy Wind said...

I decided to try it for the first time. I was out the door by 3:15 and home before 10. Made for a long day and no sleep but it was a fun first experience!

Janice said...

No - I stayed home and cooked for 30!! :-) I have no idea what I'm going to get my kids - they're so hard to shop for when they get older !! :-{