Saturday, November 21, 2009

Have you given up on me?

If not, you should have! I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged about our family. Wow! Sorry to those of you who keep checking back.

These past few weeks have been busy ones. Last weekend, Jason and I attended the FamilyLife Weekend To Remember conference out at Semiahmoo. As usual, we had a great time just being able to focus on us and who we are as a couple. People ask how we can go year after year and not get tired of it. Our response is that every year there are different speakers and it's amazing how each person has something different to "bring to the table". If nothing else, it's a great excuse to leave the kids with friends and family and just get away!

Once we got home on Sunday, we focused on getting ready for our church Thanksgiving Banquet. I got my salad and veggie dish ready and then we headed out the door by 4:00 so that Jason could be there on time to lead the worship team practice and then actually lead the worship times for the banquet. He always does such an amazing job. God has truly gifted him in music. I could sit and listen to him play and sing all day.

The rest of the week was full of kids...getting the kids to school, watching my niece a couple of days and having my nephews one day. I love having all of them here. On Wednesday, Paige and all three W's were here together. My sisters think I'm crazy for having them all on the same day but I love it! Ethan has buddies to play with and my mom is so willing to help get him to and from Preschool that day. I just get to stay home and spread the love between all 5 kiddos. 5 kids...ages 4 and under!! It's only tough when the two little ones think they need auntie at the same time. That only happens about once each time they are all here together. We always make it work though. It just means my arms are full of love when holding them both. It's the best excuse that I have to just sit on the couch and snuggle.

Last night, Friday, we took Ethan to my sister's house and then headed to the high school with the girls for the "Final Mile". Sorry...no pictures...I didn't have my camera with me. The girls have been participating in Marathon Club and they run laps around the field/cones during lunch recess. (It's a part of their PE program.) Anyway, last night was the final part of this activity and because they both completed 100+ laps at school, they were able to participate last night in completing their "marathon" by running/walking 5 laps around the track. Of course, it was windy and rainy last night, and we all left soaking wet. I am so thankful that we chose to not have Ethan there with us. He would have been miserable.

Once we made it home, the girls took warm baths to warm up their cold little bodies and then we made hot chocolate. It was weird to think that that was Brenna's last time to participate in this activity. Next year is middle school for her...scary!!

This weekend we are getting the Christmas lights up. No worries...they won't go on until Thanksgiving night. We decided to get them up though since it is currently not raining and the wind is quiet. I am excited, however, to start decorating. I love having all of the decorations up and Christmas music playing. We've actually been playing Christmas music since October 1st. I know, I know...some of you just can't do that. We have so many Christmas CD's, and will probably pick up 1 or 2 more this year, that there just isn't enough time from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve to play it all and actually be able to enjoy the CD's. We rotate the music in the cars and house CD player weekly.

Well, I suppose I better get to helping Jason. I don't want him to be at the peak of the roof without me being out there. I promise to have more posts with pictures soon! We have lots of fun things coming up these next few weeks so I will be sure to share them with all of our blog friends/family!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: