Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just not going to make it

I had set a goal to be caught up with my Bible reading by April 15th. I'm here to be honest and to say that I'm not going to make that goal. I had every intention of being caught up but the reality is, it just isn't going to happen. We've had Brenna's birthday weekend along with Easter and we had my 1-year old niece all last week.

I knew that Brenna's birthday weekend and Easter would probably lead to no reading just with the busyness of getting ready for all of the festivities. I had hoped to at least get a little reading in each day but knew that I wouldn't be able to meet my daily goal.

Having a 1-year old in the house was fun but tiring. I don't want to use that as an excuse but Miss Paige zapped Auntie's energy. I did have a few days of getting some reading in but not as much as I had set for each day and reading didn't happen every day. There were a few nights when I would start to read and would just fall asleep. That was my hint that I just needed to go to bed so I would be re-energized for the next day. I love that my sister and brother-in-law entrusted us with the care of their daughter while they were gone and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I'm glad that we were able to have her and the kids loved having a little one around.

So, my focus this week is to get back on track and get reading in every day. I realize that it will be tough because I'm having to work a little more this week and we have things on the calendar for the evenings but I'm going to find time every day to read! I look forward to being able to report back to all of you readers that I am caught up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep on keeping on. I grant you an extension from your April 15 deadline!

Janice said...

You could always read while Emily drives you around - if you dare :-)!!!