Sunday, January 9, 2011

$.09 Fruit Snacks and more!!!

These past couple of months I have been discovering the world of couponing. This has been huge for our family budget.

My sister-in-law and I made a trip to Safeway on January 3rd for an AMAZING deal on Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks and Nature Valley Granola Bars. We were a "well oiled machine" going through check-out. In fact, when we got to the check out lanes, they had a gal "directing traffic" and we told her that we each had multiple transactions and we were profiling our cashier! Profiling your cashiers while using coupons is very important!! You do not want anyone up-tight and unwilling to work with multiple transactions. She called for the asst. manager to open up a lane just for us! WooHoo!

Tanya and I had planned our transactions ahead of time and had our coupons bundled together "by transaction". It really did go smoothly and we paid very little for what we got! Here's a picture of my purhcase...
Transaction #1:
5-Betty Crocker Fruit Snack/Roll-Up items ($0.99 each)
5-Nature Valley Granola Bars ($1.77 each with store coupon)
...club card savings = $16.60, coupon savings = $4.00, out of pocket = $9.80!!
I also received a $3.50 Catalina for the 5 granola bars and a $3.00 Catalina for the BC fruit snacks/roll-ups.

Transaction #2:
5-Betty Crocker Fruit Snack/Roll-Up ($0.99 each)
5-Nature Valley Granola Bars ($1.77 each with store coupon)
...club card savings = $16.60, coupon savings = $4.00, Catalinas used (from previous purchase) = $6.50, out of pocket = $3.30!!
I also received a $3.50 Catlaina for the 5 granola bars and a $3.00 Catalina for the BC fruit snacks/roll-ups.

Transaction #3:
5-Betty Crocker Fruit Snack/Roll-Up ($0.99 each)
...club card savings = $9.00, coupon savings = $1.50, Catalina used (from previous purchase) = $3.00, out of pocket = $.45!!
I also received a $3.00 Catalina for the 5 BC fruit snacks/roll-ups.

Transaction #4:
5-Betty Crocker Fruit Snack/Roll-Up ($0.99 each)
4-Mission brand tortilla chips ($1.49 each)
4-Totino's Pizza Rolls (2/$2.99)
Simply OJ ($2.49)
16-Yoplait Yogurts (10/$5.00)
2-Johnsonville Sausage Patties ($3.99 each...BOGO), buy one get one
2-Johnsonville Sausage Links ($3.99 each...BOGO)
...club card savings $31.99, coupon savings $6.70, Catalinas used (from previous purchase) = $6.50, out of pocket = $25.63!!
I also received a $3.00 Catalina for the 5 BC fruit snacks/roll-ups

Later that day, I went to Rite Aid. I had a few things I wanted to get.
Transaction #1:
2 Frosted Mini Wheats (2/$5.00)...used mfr. cpn.
2 Rite Aid brand cotton balls ($1.29 each)
2 Zicam ($12.99 each...these were a BOGO item and I had a mfr. cpn for additional off)
2 Scunci hair items (BOGO 50% off)

Wellness Card Savings = $19.07; Coupon Savings (this includes any UPs Rewards that I had from a previous purchase) = $25.00; Total Out of Pocket = $1.30. My subtotal before tax was $.05!!

Transaction #2:
2-Lysol Wipes (2/$4.00)...used mfr. cpn.
1-Garnier Shampoo ($4.99)...used mfr. cpn.

Wellness Card Savings = $5.48; Coupons Savings (this includes any UPs Rewards that I had from a previous purchase) = $8.00; Total Out of Pocket = $1.67. My subtotal before tax was $0.99

**The only information I'm missing here is exactly how many UPs Rewards I received for each purchase. I'll try to get better at that but can't promise anything.

No comments: