Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Rite Aid run to share!

So, today I made a Rite Aid run with my dear sis-in-law. To be honest, I didn't even have a list put together before leaving for church. Tanya asked if I wanted to go with her so we quick stopped at my place to big up my binder and grab today's inserts and then headed to Starbucks for a coffee and took a few minutes there to put together my list and gather the needed coupons.

Here's the break down of this amazing purchase!

Transaction #1:
4 - 1.5 qt. Dreyer's Ice Cream...reg. price $5.99, on sale for $2.99, receive $2.00 ups for each
2 - Colgate Total Adv. White Toothpaste...reg. price $3.69, on sale for $2.99, receive $2.00 ups for each
      ...just noticed that my toothpaste actually rang up for $2.95 each...not sure why but I'll take it!

Used $1.75 in coupons for the toothpaste and 6 - $1.99 ups rewards from lightbulb purchase last week.
(coupons were from smartsource...1 - $1.00 off one and 1 - $0.75 off one.)

Total out of pocket - $4.67 (inc. $0.50 tax) and received 6 - $2.00 ups rewards to be used on my next purchase.

Transaction #2:
4 - Lays Stax...reg. price $1.79, on sale for 2/$2 = $1.00 each, receive $1.00 ups for each (unadvertised)
4 - Chex Mix...reg. price $2.99, on sale for 2/$3 = $1.50 each, receive $1.00 ups for each (unadvertised)
6 - Pringles Super Stax...reg. price $2.29, on sale for 2/$3 = $1.50 each

Used $7.50 in coupons for pringles and chex mix and 5 - $2.00 ups rewards from transaction #1.
(coupons for pringles...$1 off two...were from this weeks P&G insert and coupons for chex mix were from Safeway's Joy of Football coupon book...$1 off one...and one was a Rite Aid Video Value...$0.50 off one)

Total out of pocket - $1.50 and received 8 - $1.00 ups reward and a $5 ups rewards for purchasing $15 of participating products...all from from the grocery aisle.

**I tried to be very clear on the coupons used and sales they were applied to from today's shopping trip. Let me know if you have any questions on how I did it.

We were thrilled with how stocked Rite Aid was today. You can tell that their store manager is really working hard on getting a good amount of stock in for us serious couponers!! Now...get out there and save! My husband was thrilled that I profited $11 on today's purchase. Yes, that is all in Ups Rewards for Rite Aid but no doubt that I will be back there for more product! It's my number 1 store that I shop at these days.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

Lori Verkist said...

Tanya, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us out. I really appreciate all you do. I hope I can figure all this out and start saving money and bringing some extra things home to my family.