Monday, September 22, 2008

Cherish our children in all situations...

Yesterday was the 4 month anniversary of the death of little Maria Chapman. She was one of three little girls that Steven Curtis Chapman (the Christian artist) and his wife MaryBeth have adopted from China. For those of you who don't know, little Maria was killed in an accident at the family home May 21st, 2008. Her old brother, Will, was pulling into the family driveway and Maria was so excited to see him that she ran right out in front of him. He didn't even see her coming. My heart aches for this family. I have been reading the blogs from Jim Houser (Steven's Manager) and Grace Graham (Steven's Assistant). Not only do they keep us up on the day to day lives of the Chapmans (as far as performances and appearances go) but they keep us informed of how the family is doing since little Maria went home to be with Jesus. I am finding myself going to these blogs as reminders that time with our children could end at any time. I need to cherish the moments that I have with my children and not dwell on the times that they are disobedient or just plain acting "ugly". I'm looking forward to the blogs and pictures about Emily Chapman's wedding coming up on October 4th. This will be a wonderful day for this family but also a sad day. As Emily will now only have 2 flower girls instead of 3. Please be praying for this family was you think of them. And, if you are interested, you can check out to the blogs I talked about above at www.stevencurtischapman.com.

So, go...enjoy your children. Spend time with them. Don't let the "bad" times be what sticks in your mind. Cherish the moments you have with them.

No comments: