Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting caught up...

Okay, so it's been just over a week since I last blogged. Life has been a little crazy around here. Last Sunday evening, we received a call about FREE Mariner's tickets for some really great seats. There was no passing this opportunity up. We quickly made arrangements for the kiddos for after school on Monday and everything was set. So, Monday afternoon, we headed down to Seattle with my brother and his wonderful wife for an evening of fun. We knew from the get go that we were not going to watch the Mariner's win but just for a much needed night of fun.

Rally Cap time

This is what we saw just a few rows in front of us as we sat down in our seats. I think they were still friends after the game.

So, that was Monday. On Tuesday, I started my new position with the Lynden Dutch Bakery. I have been the bookkeeper for almost 15 months and on Tuesday, I added the delivery position to my schedule. I start at 2:00 pm and go until I'm finished. Currently, I'm working Tuesday through Friday but am working on changing that to Monday through Thursday.

Saturday was a great day. I was at a scrapbooking "cropfest" for the entire day. The sad part...I didn't get a lot done. It took forever to get the creative juices flowing and there never was a strong flow all day. It took so long to get a page done and in the end, I'm not in love with my pages that I did complete. At least the pictures are out of the box and in a book and the kids were excited to see them.

Sunday, after church, Alyssa and I had some mommy/daughter time at the mall and Jason and Brenna stayed home to finish up a project for school. Ethan enjoyed a great afternoon rest. I would say nap but I don't think the boy ever went to sleep. It was a fun relaxing day.

Yesterday (Monday), I had my nephews for the day. Ethan informed us all that, "Wayne and Weston are my buddies, you can't play with them." I had different news for that boy! Thankfully for him, Brenna and Alyssa were at school all day so he didn't have to share "his buddies". Ethan and Wayne played so nice and Weston was the best little guy. Although, he could have saved a few of "those" diapers for his mommy...hehehe.

So, that's what the Scheibs have been up to. And now, you are all got up. Sorry for the lack of excitement. We will see what this week brings.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Go Mariners - I don't even know who plays for them anymore?!?!?! I sure hope you got good help when you "made arrangements for your kids" .....tee hee - our little secret!!!!
Love you - thanks for being an awesome auntie!