Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life put into perspective!

Yesterday, we attended a memorial service for a 34-year old who has battled leukemia for the past 6 months. He has left behind a wife and four beautiful, young children. My heart just breaks for this family. We know this family through some very dear friends of ours. (It was their son-in-law.) It was a very hard service to attend but definitely glad we were able to be there. We have been praying for this family for a very long time. For Matt, we are so happy for him that he is no longer suffering and is spending eternity with our Lord and Savior. For Jackie and the family, we are sad and pray for them as they now pick up the pieces and begin a new "normal" way of life. Here's where life gets put into perspective... Today, Jason is out on a BIG "boat" with some people from work. He called this morning to let me know that he wasn't getting home until after 9:00 tonight...3 hours later than the original plan. Of course, I told him that was fine and that I hoped he had a great time. Then, I became a little upset. It had already been a long morning getting the girls ready for school (neither one wanting to move real quick this morning) and now I will have to do the parenting thing alone tonight. Then, I found myself crying. Why you might ask? Immediately brought to my mind was dear Jackie. Why should I be upset that I am doing the parenting thing alone for one day so that my husband can go have a MUCH DESERVED time with his co-workers? (And really, I am very happy for him that he has this opportunity!!) At least I have a husband who will be coming home and who helps me all the time with the kiddos. Jackie is now left on her own to do the parenting thing. Yes, she has a tremendous amount of support from family but it will never be the same. So, I now have something to put life into perspective. Wives...let's be thankful for our husbands and that we have them to help us through our days! Let's not take them and the help they give us for granted. Make sure your husband knows just how much you appreciate him! I ask you to please pray for Jackie as she begins this new "normal" life. Pray for these beautful children...Dustin, age 6; Tessa, age 4; and Taylor and Jordyn (twin little girls), age 1-1/2.

This is the family that we are praying for. These were the pictures on the "folder" handed out at the memorial service yesterday.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Thanks for a peak at the pictures of Matt - we will continue to pray!!