Sunday, February 1, 2009

1:00am + scared 3 yr. old = fat lip...

1:00 am, everyone is sleeping and suddenly we hear Ethan crying. You know, that "I'm really scared" cry. Jason and I both sit straight up and before I could even gather my thoughts, I see Ethan come flying into our room. I lean towards him to grab him and BOOM! I thought for sure Jason was going to have to take me in for stitches or something. My upper lip hurt so bad and I could tell that it was bleeding. Of course, it's still dark so I have no idea how bad. So, there I lay, sore lip and a 3 year old who won't let go of his mommy because he is so scared. We finally peel him off of me and Jason takes him while I go and get an ice pack. I go to a mirror to check it out and "Thank you, Lord!"...my lip was not as bad as I initially thought it was. My tooth had scraped off the first layer of skin of my upper lip which caused the bleeding. Now, I'm just walking around with a puffy, upper lip. I laid there icing my lip forever, hoping I wouldn't have a fat lip this morning...NOT! In case anyone is wondering, Ethan came away without a mark. For all of you mommies with young children, never try to grab them while they are running at you full speed and scared.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Tanya - you're such a headbanger!!! :-) Did you ever find out why he was so scared?

Angela said...

where's the picture of the lip?? :-)