Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

This morning started out slow! Jason had to work so the kids and I just took our time getting ready to head out to the bay. It has been a long week and with a full day of parties yesterday, I decided we all just needed to sleep in and take our time.

We left around 12:30 and arrived at Mom and Duane's place at Birch Bay at about 1:00. We unloaded all of the "goods" for the day and settled in for a fun afternoon. Mom, as usual, had plenty of yummy food and had hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch with a great spread to go with it. Too bad I didn't get a picture of the food table.

Once we were finished with lunch. The girls and I went inside to decorate star cupcakes that we had made earlier at home. My niece Brenna McPhail was out at the bay also so it was fun to have her helping us. The three girls had so much fun with the frosting and sprinkles. They did a great job!
Jason made it out to the bay around 2:30 and grabbed a quick bite to eat before we all headed down to the swimming pool. (Those pictures haven't arrived yet...thankfully my sister had her camera with her down at the pool. Once I get them, I will share them!) We had a great time swimming for about an hour and then headed back to Mom's place for dessert.

Mom had also made a very festive dessert!
The girls were very proud of the dessert table.
We headed home around 6:00. Jason and Ethan went to bed on the early side and the girls and I stayed up and watched a few of the big fireworks displays around the neighborhood. We get a pretty good show here.

I hope you all had a fun and safe 4th!

1 comment:

Janice said...

You're such a good mommy - enjoy these day's - pretty soon you'll be down to one at home too !