Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just Mom and her kiddos!

The kids have been waiting for a day of no extra kiddos and an empty calendar. Today was that day! I had been promising the kids a day at Hovander Park, or at least a couple of hours.

We packed our lunch and blanket and headed out just before lunch time. The kids had fun packing some of their favorite things to eat. Once we arrived at Hovander, we found a nice spot under the trees to have lunch.
After lunch, the kids ventured up the to the top of the tower.
Brenna was such a trooper trying to make it so I could see her while holding Ethan up so that I could see him also. She has become such an amazing help and very protective of her little brother. I'm loving it!

After the tower, we walked over to the barns to check things out and then spent a lot of time over by the animals. Ethan could have spent all day there.
After vising the animals, we went over the playground and then found another tractor to play on. Ethan enjoyed being on the tractors so much! He would have loved it if I would have towed one of those tractors home with us.
We eventually made it over to the flower garden and I let Brenna loose with the camera. She has really taken an interest in photographing flowers. It's been fun to watch this interest grow. I think Aunt Tanya may have someone to join her in the photography world some time soon. Here are just a few of the pictures that she took that day.
It was nice to spend the afternoon with the kids. Our summer has been so busy and I had been feeling really bad that they hadn't had a day with just their momma. I'm so glad the weather was nice and we could just get away.
We were all so warm when we left. I surprised them with ice cream cones from McDonalds on the way home.

2 comments:

Molly Gustafson said...

I love Hovander Park! Good for you for making memories with your kids that will last a lifetime. Loved the pics and the post. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my preciouses. They are just too cute, it's so fun to see them all together, making those sibling memories.